Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cena isn't Raw enough.

NOT going to happen.


Going into more detail about his plans for guest hosting WWE Raw, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson intimated during a Live Audio Wrestling interview that if he were to guest host the WWE's flagship program, he would want to "rip up" the current product and infuse some Attitude Era content into the show to entertain the fans. He mentioned that he's still in talks with Vince on how they can accomplish this on the current watered down kids show that we all subject ourselves to every week.

In a related note, when interviewer asked (once again) if Dwayne Johnson would be interested in wrestling John Cena, "The Rock" had this to say:

“I’ve never been interested in wrestling John Cena. The guys I wrestled in the past – from Goldberg to Hogan to Austin – were guys who I’ve really wanted to wrestle. If it can be done creatively but not only that, it’s very important if I do back is that the writing has to be ripped open and really be pushed,” Johnson said. “I came from a time in the Attitude era where we trail-blazed a lot and were fearless in the things we said and did.”

Let me see if I got this. John Cena isn't fearless? What about the Attitude Adjustment on the Big Show? WE'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE! Remember the days when you could take a wrestling legend from the past, pair them up with the current big league superstar from the present and say "Man, that'd be my dream match." (Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock at Mania, anyone?) Yeah, those days are over. When I think of The Rock vs. John Cena, I wonder what else is on television. These are sad times.

No comments: