Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dancing Into the Sunset

Steve Lewington, most recently known (or unknown, as it were) for his tenure in ECW as DJ Gabriel, was recently released from his WWE contract. Lewington played such a big part in the WWE's storylines that his 'future endeavoring' didn't even get so much as a blurb on the WWE.com website in the WWE news section. Steve kept it classy though, having this to say about his release: "I'm not going to look back, complain, and berate the WWE because I have nothing but good things to say about them. They gave me an opportunity to live in the spotlight, and whether whatever character I portrayed or how long it lasted, I still got that opportunity."

It's a sad day for wrestling fans worldwide. I know that for me, I couldn't look at the above picture and not think "Man, that's a World Title gimmick if I ever saw one."

No comments: